Some things you can always count on. The other line always moves faster. The Oscars always run late. Your fingers. But that list is getting shorter. The day is coming when pickup trucks no longer will be body-on-frame vehicles. Not small pickups, anyway. As auto makers ponder weight-reduction strategies in a bid to comply with 2020’s 35-mpg (6.7 L/100 km) fleet fuel-economy mandate, consumers are anxiously seeking new ways to stretch their gasoline dollar – preferably without ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"CAFE Crunch, Lifestyle Trends Make for Strange Bedfellows" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.