Eighty-seven dealers on this year’s Ward’s Dealer Business 500 are from California. It shows what’s going on in that state of 30 million people with an economy that’s the sixth largest in the world. California is on the leading edge of the automotive industry in styling influence, trend setting, sales and more. Last year, about 2 million new vehicles were sold there. It’s an auto maker’s dream. But in one respect, California is almost an auto maker’s nightmare. It’s traditionally been ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Is California Dreaming?" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.