Next year’s U.S. arrival of the Holden Monaro coupe rebadged as a modern-day Pontiac GTO could do plenty to spark a little “excitement” in General Motors Corp.’s performance brand. If Reeves Callaway has his way, the Pontiac GTO will offer as an option a high-output version of the car's standard LS1 5.7L OHV V-8 engine. The founder of Callaway Cars Inc., the company well known for producing limited-edition high-performance models such as the Callaway C12 Corvette, is offering GM a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Callaway Ready to Juice Up GTO" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.