DETROIT -- General Motors Corp. currently is hammering out details of an agreement, expected to be announced later this year, to build the Chevrolet Traverse sport wagon at CAMI Automotive Inc.’s Ingersoll, Ont., assembly plant -- a joint venture between GM and Suzuki Motor Corp. Codenamed GMT191, Traverse is scheduled to hit the marketplace in 2004, sources tell Ward’s, with annual production targeted at 130,000 units. “That’s wild speculation,” counters a GM spokesman. “There’s still a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"CAMI Awaits Traverse Announcement" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.