SHANGHAI – After nearly a month of pilot production, General Motors Corp.’s joint venture plant here with Shanghai Automotive Industry Corp. will start regular production Nov. 17 of the 3.4L V-6 engine that will power the ’05 Chevy Equinox cross/utility vehicle. CAMI closer to final production of Equinox CUV. Equinox, which is based on GM’s Theta architecture, will be built in Ingersoll, Ont., Canada, by CAMI Automotive Inc. – a joint venture between GM and equity partner ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"CAMI May Get More Than Equinox" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.