Sales of medium- and heavy-duty trucks in Canada increased 25.0% on a daily rate basis in February vs. year-ago’s 1,794-unit total. Heavy-duty (Class 8) deliveries hit 1,497 units during the month, up 39.0% from the 1,077 big rigs sold in like-2002. Mack Trucks Inc. was the only Class 8 manufacturer to record a decline, with sales down 16.3% to 128 trucks. Medium-duty (Class 4-7) sales increased 4.0% to 746 from year-ago’s 717. Class 7 deliveries dipped 4.6% (312 vs. 327). ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Canada Big Truck Sales Up 25% in February" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.