Sales of medium- and heavy-duty trucks in Canada rose to 2,657 units in August, up 6.4% on a daily selling rate basis from year-ago’s 2,404, Ward's data indicate. Heavy-duty (Class 8) deliveries totaled 1,708, up 13.9% compared with the 1,444 big rigs sold during like-2001. PACCAR Inc.’s sales surged 44.6% in August. Industry-wide, year-to-date Class 8 deliveries lag like-2001’s 12,976 unit sales by 6.4%. Medium-duty sales (Class 4-7) declined 4.8% in August to 949 units. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Canada Big Truck Sales Up 6.4% in August" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.