Sales of medium- and heavy-duty trucks in Canada climbed to 3,919 units in May, up a resounding 38.7% from the 2,938 big rigs delivered in like-2003. Heavy-duty (Class 8) sales performed even better, increasing 45.7% to 2,654 from year-ago’s 1,894. (See related story: Ward’s Canada New Truck Sales by Weight Class – May 2004 ) All Class 8 producers posted gains. Leading the charge was Freightliner Corp.’s Western Star with 163 deliveries representing a 109.3% sales surge. Medium-duty ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Canada Big Truck Sales Continue to Climb in May" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.