Sales of medium- and heavy-duty trucks in Canada totaled 3,108 units in November, up 37.9% on a daily rate basis compared with like-2001, Ward’s data shows. (view related data: Nov. 2002 Canada GVW Sales ) Heavy-duty Class 8 trucks soared a remarkable 69.2% to 2,158 units, thanks to Freightliner Corp., up 116.8%, and PACCAR Inc., which posted a 46.4% rise. The rebound puts Class 8 trucks at 18,607 units for the year, up 7.9% over 2001’s 17,252. Medium-duty (Class 4-7) trucks showed a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Canada Big Truck Sales Continue to Rise" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.