A 16.1% drop in Class 8 sales drove combined medium- and heavy-duty truck deliveries down 9.7% in Canada during August. Class 8 sales totaled 2,270 during 26 selling days in the month, down from 2,602 (25 days) in like-1999. Only International Truck and Engine Corp. (Navistar) enjoyed a gain, as deliveries rose 21.7% to 481 units. Suffering double-digit drops were PACCAR Inc. (-18.6%), Volvo Trucks North America Inc. (-73.9%) and Western Star Trucks Inc. (-10.9%). Class 4-7 sales totaled ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Canada Big Truck Sales Dip 9.7%" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.