Combined sales of medium- and heavy-duty trucks in Canada dropped 0.3% in May to 5,099 units, despite a sharp gain in Class 8 deliveries. To date, medium- and heavy-duty truck sales remain up 5.3% on year-ago in 2006. Class 8 sales jumped 15.6% in May, with Paccar Inc.’s Peterbilt brand posting an impressive 52.2% gain. Volvo Trucks North America Inc. saw Canadian Class 8 truck sales slip 13.0% in May. In Class 7, sales slid 16.0%, largely due to drops at Freightliner LLC’s ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Canada Big-Truck Sales Down 0.3% in May" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.