September saw an even steeper drop, 18.8%, in Class 8 truck deliveries in Canada (25 days both periods), adding to the 16.1% fall in August sales. The continued slide nullifies hot results from earlier in the year that had year-to-date sales pacing ahead of 1999. But September drags calendar 2000 down to 1.0% below like-1999, with sales of 22,385 units compared to 22,603. Class 8 sales totaled 2,194 for the month, with International Truck and Engine Corp. (Navistar) the only heavy-truck ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Canada Big Truck Sales Fall Again" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.