December capped off a weak year for big truck sales in Canada, as deliveries of medium- and heavy-duty models plunged a combined 18.6% for the month to 2,133 units. For entire 2001, sales of Class 4-8 rigs fell 26.1% to 31,020. Class 8 sales were hardest hit, plunging 25.0% in December to 1,243 and dropping a full 33.7% to 18,495 for the calendar year. Bucking December’s trend were Volvo Trucks North America Inc. (up 10.2% for the month), Navistar International Transportation Corp. (18.4%) ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Canada Big Truck Sales Slide" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.