Sales of medium- and heavy-duty trucks in Canada suffered a significant drop in January, as deliveries reached only 1,925 units, down 11% on a daily rate basis vs. year-ago. Class 8 sales slipped 3.5% to 1,285 units, despite gains at Volvo Trucks of North America Inc. and Freightliner Corp. Medium-duty sales fell 23.0% to 640 units, with Class 4 posting the biggest decline, down 56%. Only 54 units of Class 4 trucks were sold in the country during the month, compared with 118 in January ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Canada Big Truck Sales Slide in January" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.