Sales of medium- and heavy-duty trucks in Canada increased a combined 150.9% in January to 5,650 units, up from year-ago’s 2,440. Heavy-duty (Class 8) sales, alone, surged 41.8% on a daily rate basis to 2,071 units, vs. like-2004’s 1,582. Medium-duty deliveries jumped 351.9% to 3,579, from year-ago’s 858. (See related data: Ward’s Canada New Truck Sales by Weight Class) Class 4 boosted the results with a 2,033.6% increase (2,777 vs. 141), thanks to Ford Motor Co. sales of 2,754 trucks. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Canada Big Trucks Post Strong January Sales Increase" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.