Sales of big trucks in Canada fell 30.9% in March, slightly improving on Februaryâ€™s 34.4% drop, Wardâ€™s data show. However, all classes posted declines, with Class 8â€™s 31.8% falloff the second largest of all truck groups in the month. Related document: Wardâ€™s Canada Truck Sales by Weight Class â€“ March 2009 Daimler AGâ€™s Western Star brand was the only marque in Class 8 to post a sales increase, up 23.7%. PACCAR Inc.â€™s Peterbilt plunged 72.1% for the largest decrease in the segment. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Canadaâ€™s Big-Truck Decline Slows in March" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.