Vehicle sales held steady in Canada during January, as combined car and truck deliveries — including preliminary estimates for some mediums and heavies — hit 97,036, down only 0.7% from like-2000's 93,927 on a daily rate basis (26 days this year, 25 in 2000). Passenger car sales reached 48,945 units, a 2.2% rise on year-ago's 46,041, a gain led by the Asian (up 12.3%) and European (up 5.0%) brands (see p.4 for data). Big Three car sales slipped 3.9%, mostly a result of the 16.2% plunge at ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Canada Sales Hold Line in January" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.