Light-vehicle sales in Canada dropped 21.2% in December based on daily sales rates, as total volume for the month of 94,334 vehicles paled in comparison with like-2007’s 119,739. Although light trucks outsold cars overall, small cars took the spotlight as the best-selling segment in December. The month’s results pushed 2008’s sales total to 1,634,170 vehicles, trailing 2007’s 1,650,562 tally by only 1.0%. While small cars and cross/utility vehicles were the most preferred by buyers, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Canada Sales Plummet in December" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.