Vehicle sales in Canada continued unabated in August, increasing over year-ago for the 15th consecutive month. Sales, including preliminary estimates for some medium- and heavy-duty makes, totaled 141,036 (see data p.2), for a daily selling rate (DSR) of 5,425. That's 8.4% above like-1999's 5,006 DSR — 26 selling days both periods. Year-to-date sales through August total 1,092,828, 5.7% ahead of eight-month 1999's 1,028,949. Light vehicle sales alone posted a DSR of 5,311, 9.1% ahead of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Canada Sales Rise 15th Straight Month" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.