Canada’s string of monthly light-vehicle sales increases reached a full year in September, thanks to its biggest gain during the streak. Sales totaled 141,160 in September for a daily selling rate of 6,137 (23 selling days), a whopping 22.9% above year-ago’s 4,994 (25 days). Although year-ago sales were weak due to the aftereffects of the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks in the U.S., the gain was the largest since a 36.6% increase in December 1997. (view related data: Ward's Canada Light ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Canada Sales Surge to 12th Straight Increase" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.