HAMILTON, Ont., Canada – Magna International Inc. co-CEO Don Walker has a message for Canadian lawmakers looking to woo auto business north of the border: Go after the OEMs. “Don’t be spending lots of money in the parts industry; spend it trying to attract assembly plants,” Walker says at the annual Automotive Parts Manufacturers’ Assn. here. “That will attract the parts makers.” Last year, the Canadian government announced a C$1 billion ($791.2 million) manufacturing incentive package, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Canada Should Target OEMs, Not Suppliers" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.