Driven by a 53.4% plunge in high-volume Class 8 sales, Canada’s medium- and heavy-truck deliveries sagged 48.9% in May, according to Ward’s data. Class 8 deliveries totaled 1,059 last month, compared with 2,360 in like-2008. PACCAR Inc.’s Peterbilt line and Daimler AG’s Sterling brand suffered the segment’s sharpest declines. Peterbilt sales plummeted to 47 from 272 in like-2008 for an 82.1% reduction, while Sterling recorded 81 unit-sales, down 64.2% from last year’s May total of 235. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Canada Truck Sales in Dumps" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.