The Canadian new vehicle market followed up a weak December with a strong showing in January, with total car and truck deliveries topping year-ago levels by 12.5% (25 selling days both periods). Of the total 87,459 vehicles sold during the month (see data p.2), 42,299 were cars, up 16.5% from like-1998's 36,310. Among companies enjoying the biggest surge on the car side was General Motors Corp., which saw sales rise 22.8% on year-ago to 15,946. Honda Canada enjoyed a 29.4% rise in car ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Canada Vehicle Market Rebounds in January" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.