Sales of medium- and heavy-duty trucks jumped 26.5% in August in Canada, as combined deliveries hit 3,490 units. Makers sold 2,758 big trucks in like-1998. Class 8 sales totaled 2,606 during the month, up 17.2% from the 2,224 units delivered year-ago. Leading the charge was Freightliner Corp., which saw its market share soar more than six points in August, and Paccar Inc., which enjoyed a more than five point rise in penetration. Much of those gains came out of the hide of Navistar ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Canadian Big Truck Sales Spike in August" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.