Canadian assembly plants are slowly resuming operations following the massive power outage that hit Ontario Aug. 14. While areas in the U.S. affected by the blackout resumed normal operations Aug. 18, Ontario’s recovery has been hampered by delays at several nuclear power plants. Ford Oakville plant using diesel generators to build minivans until full power is restored. Ward’s estimates a loss of 33,500 units at Canadian plants, contributing to total losses of 49,500 due to the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Canadian Plants Ramping Up Slowly; Losses Total 49,500" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.