The Canadian new-car market took a small 0.4% dip in February compared with year-ago, falling from a daily sales rate of 4,047 to 4,031 (24 selling days each year), on a volume of 96,754. Market share shifted and importers gained 3.5 points for a 45.7% piece of the pie, reducing the Big Three penetration from 57.8% to 54.3%. Related document: <i>Ward’s</i> Canadian Light Vehicle Sales by Brand and Group Ford Motor Co. of Canada Ltd. came out the biggest loser among the Big ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Canadian Sales Decrease as Big Three Lose Market Share" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.