Canadian auto parts producers can avoid paying the Michigan Single Business Tax by stipulating that the title transfer of goods occurs on Canadian soil. That was the compromise reached by concerned Canadian business lobbyists and Michigan officials who support a proposal to phase out the single business tax over 23 years in an amendment that expands the scope of the tax to include foreign businesses. Canadian companies faced a tax bill of as much as $100 million a year under the law that ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Canadian Suppliers, Michigan Reach Deal" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642