The gravelly voice, filtered through an erratic cell phone signal, is moving fast along I-75 somewhere north of Detroit. âAmerican culture is always looking for heroes,â the voice says. âYouâve got mega-stars that are car guys, and youâve got mega-stars that arenât car guys. Hold on a second, Iâm going to have an accident here.â There is a pause, punctuated by what sounds like warning beeps from an adaptive cruise control system, then the unmistakable rush of air that comes with hard ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"âCar Guysâ Still Necessary?" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.