Fiat Auto SpA says it is beginning to suffer “serious economic damages” as a result of an on going car-hauler driver strike in Italy. The auto maker says it has taken all possible steps to divert completed vehicles to various storage facilities, but it is running out of options short of shutting more plants. Last week, Fiat announced it was idling its Melfi, Italy, plant as a result of the strike.(See related story: Truck Strike Closes Fiat Melfi Plant) “The situation is quickly ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Car-Hauler Strike Wreaks Havoc on Fiat" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.