BEIJING — Car inventories in China rose during the first quarter of this year to 63,100 units, up 33.6% from like-1999. Production of luxury cars skyrocketed by 393%, while that of midrange cars fell by 2.6%. Economy car production rose by 114.2%, while production of minicars plummeted 24.6%. Total motor vehicle production for the three-month period reached 446,400 units, up 10.7% from like-1999. Motor vehicle sales also rose from a year ago, climbing to 445,000 units, an increase of 17.9%.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Car inventories, output, sales up in first quarter" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.