Commentary The Louisiana Auto Dealers Assn. got Gov. Bobby Jindal to do a TV public service message late last year cajoling state residents to buy cars. “It was a big deal for us,” association president Robert Israel tells me. “It’s one thing for us to get on TV and do something like that. It’s more effective when a top public official does it.” So, it doesn’t get any better when part of a March 30 national TV address by the president of the United States includes Barack Obama urging ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"The Car Salesman in Chief" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.