Expect applications of carbon-ceramic brake technology to increase by more than three orders of magnitude within five years, a senior Brembo SpA executive tells Ward’s. Regulatory requirements for improved fuel economy is one driver because carbon-ceramic brakes portend weight savings, says Roberto Vavassori, director-business development. Competitive pressure is another factor, particularly for makers of high-end cars. “Many manufacturers want lighter weight and better-performing ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Carbon-Ceramic Brake Market Ripe for Growth, Brembo Says" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.