Used-car retailer CarMax Group saw sales rise 22% to $779.2 million in the fourth quarter (ended Feb. 28), up from $640 million year-ago. Total fiscal year sales also were up, rising 28% to $3.2 billion from $2.5 billion in like-2001. CarMax President W. Austin Ligon, says the increase was due to strong new- and used-car sales in every quarter. He also says 0% and other low-interest financing offers by auto makers helped the group post strong numbers. He expects 2003 sales also to be ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"CarMax Reports Record Sales and Earnings" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.