The CarMax Group, a unit of Circuit City Stores Inc., reports a 15% increase in total sales in the second quarter ended Aug. 31, 2002. Sales rose to $1.08 billion from $938.9 million in like-2001. CarMax Group dealerships sold 50,900 used vehicles in the quarter vs. 43,100 a year earlier. New vehicle sales were down 100 units to 6,500 in second quarter 2002. CarMax is opening four superstores in the second half of the current fiscal year in the Knoxville, TN; Chicago, Charlotte, NC; and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"CarMax Sales Up 15% in Q2" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.