DETROIT – Carpeting isn’t the first thing that springs to mind when you’re talking about interior design – whether it’s in a house or a car. But DuPont Textiles & Interiors (DTI), a wholly owned subsidiary of DuPont Co., is hoping to convince auto makers that floor coverings are the next frontier in developing more distinctive and durable interiors. DuPont's Altara Collection offers expensive looking carpeting without the prohibitive cost. DTI unveiled its 2003 DuPont ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Carpeting: The Next Frontier" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.