GENEVA – The automotive design community gathered here for the recent Geneva Motor Show say vehicles not only have brand characteristics but also reveal their nationality – a trend some auto makers are banking on. "The car companies come from certain countries, and that's something you can't fight," says Michael Mauer, who last year left Mercedes-Benz to become chief designer for Saab Automobile AB. For example, he says, there are French, German, Japanese and American-looking cars. Anne ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Cars Have a Body Language All Their Own" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.