FRASER, MI – General Motors Corp. is entering the growing sport of front-wheel-drive drag racing to help it capture a youth enthusiast market enthralled with foreign compact cars. "We’re not even on the youth market’s radar screen," Josh Peterson, GM manager-drag racing programs, admits to media gathered at a GM Racing garage here in suburban Detroit. "It’s really an import-dominated market" Pontiac Sunfire will participate in National Hot Rod Assn. Races. Forget about hot ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Cavalier, Sunfire Court Youth With Racing" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.