DaimlerChrysler AG will launch an unspecified new product in Windsor, Ont., Canada, in the fourth quarter of 2005, creating up to 3,000 new jobs. The investment will represent, at minimum, C$600 million ($378 million) – the amount Canadian workers initially were promised in 1999 when the Pillette Road Truck Assembly Plant was to expand to build Dodge fullsize pickups and SUVs. With production of Chrysler Pacifica in January comes an additional 300 jobs at the Windsor Assembly ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"CAW-DC Talks Produce Plant Investment in Canada" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.