In a bid to avoid conflict and promote industry stability, the Canadian Auto Workers union will pressure General Motors of Canada Ltd. and Chrysler Canada for early contracts. Buzz Hargrove, CAW president, reveals the plan after the union reaches a tentative agreement – on national and local issues – with Ford of Canada Ltd. The 3-year deal, which freezes base wages and creates an entry-level pay scale that is lower than current workers, was reached more than five months before the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"CAW Pushing Hard for Early Deals at GM, Chrysler" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.