Members of the Canadian Auto Workers union ratify by 79.6% a new labor contract with General Motors of Canada Ltd., concluding this round of negotiations with the Big Three. By the end of the 3-year agreement, there could be as many as 1,000 fewer GM workers in Canada, but the downsizing will be done through attrition. (See related story: GM, CAW Deal Would Cut 900 Jobs) The workforce in Oshawa, Ont., will shrink by about 300 workers a year assembling vehicles. Another 500 likely will be ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"CAW Ratifies GM Pact" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.