Porsche Cars North America Inc.â€™s stellar quality reputation took a blow, as it fell 42 points in the J.D. Power and Associates 2004 Initial Quality Study. The auto maker blames the decline solely on the new Cayenne SUV. Porsche did manage, however, to eke out a top ranking in the premium sports car category for its 911, while its Stuttgart, Germany, manufacturing plant also received a gold award for plant quality. Porsche Cayenne â€śWeâ€™re disappointed with the results for the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Cayenne Drags Porscheâ€™s Quality Scores" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.