DETROIT – Renault SA is not in talks with Ford Motor Co. about a possible acquisition of Volvo Car, says Renault Chairman and CEO Louis Schweitzer. But bigger investment in Russia is a possibility, the auto maker’s top executive tells Ward’s in an interview here. Schweitzer: Rumors didn’t start with Renault. Rumors that Renault and Ford were in talks over Volvo ownership have been circulating for months and hit a new crescendo at the Bologna, Italy, auto show in December. (see ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"CEO Says Renault Not Eying Volvo" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.