Car consumers like certified pre-owned vehicle programs but sometimes misunderstand them. Do most shoppers really know what a factory-certified used vehicle is? “Unfortunately no,” says Kraig Quisenberry, general manager of Bay Ford in Port Orchard, WA. “But customers are incredibly receptive to CPO once the conversation is opened.” U.S. dealers annually sell about 2 million used units through auto makers’ certified programs, in which relatively low-mileage vehicles are inspected and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Certified Used Cars Popular, But Misunderstood" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.