In a move that signals an increasing industry acceptance, Indianapolis Casting Corp. announces it has implemented the SinterCast AB automated process control technology for the production of compacted graphite iron (CGI). The use of CGI is a growing trend in automotive powertrain development, where it is believed that, particularly for diesel engines, CGI can produce engine blocks that enjoy the traditional strength of cast iron but with a much-reduced weight more in line with aluminum. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"CGI Engine Material Gaining Momentum" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.