Fast facts about Tennessee’s storied city of Chattanooga: The German connection: Chattanooga, nestled between the Appalachian Mountains and the Cumberland Plateau along the Tennessee River, could be mistaken for parts of Germany. It’s the sister city of Hamm, Germany, and home to a thriving German American Club. Long a railroad center, it’s currently served by CSX and Norfolk Southern. It gained major fame in 1941 when the Glenn Miller Orchestra recorded a new song, “Chattanooga Choo ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Chattanooga Chat Room: The Choo Choo and More" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.