MORTEFONTAINE, France – Chery Automobile Co. Ltd. wants to be the first Chinese auto maker to offer rain/light sensors and has contracted with TRW Automotive to provide them. TRW will get a small bonus by engineering the application, because while the sensor amounts to a commodity, Chery says it doesn't have the experience to do it itself. The system must be adjusted for the color, thickness and angle of the windshield glass. "Every week a Chinese customer comes and asks for this and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Chery Deploys TRW Sensors" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.