Chery Automobile Co. Ltd. has hired Wen Tianzhong, the former director of Toyota Motor Corp.'s Chinese Technology Center. Wen will be vice president-product quality and manufacturing for Chery, which aims to begin selling cars in the U.S. in January 2007 via Visionary Vehicles LLC, headed by automotive entrepreneur Malcolm Bricklin. (See related story: Bricklin Will Miss Initial Sales Target) “We have always admired Toyota's processes and assembly techniques as a model,” says Bricklin. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Chery Hires Former Toyota China Head" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.