China’s Chery Automobile Co. Ltd. begins construction on a new production facility in Inner Mongolia, saying the move is part of its strategic plan for long-term development. Chery says the plant, located in the Dongsheng district of Erdos, initially will produce auto parts and later assemble SUVs, pickups and multipurpose vehicles. Output is pegged at 300,000 vehicles annually. The government’s China Daily newspaper reports Chery and its partners will spend RMB20 billion ($2.9 billion) ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Chery Launches Construction of Plant in Inner Mongolia" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.