Chery Automotive launches in Australia March 1 with two passenger cars, including the J1, a 1.3L 5-door hatchback. With the J1’s retail cost of A$11,990 ($12,105), including all taxes and on-road charges, the Melbourne Age newspaper says Chery is turning the clock back 25 years for new-car buyers, with a price that is less than a Toyota Corolla’s sticker in 1986. The J1, only available with a manual transmission, has power steering, air-conditioning, alloy wheels, power windows, a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Chery to Make Australian Debut" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.