SAO PAULO – Chery Automobile Co. Ltd. plans to offer flex-fuel engines in all its cars exported to Brazil in second-half 2011, Chery Brazil President Luis Curi reveals. The engines will be manufactured in China and shipped to Brazil to be installed in cars Chery will assemble at its future factory in Jacarei, Sao Paulo. A Chery spokesman says local engine production would occur only after sales volumes top 170,000 vehicles annually. “The engines should be the first biofuel engines ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Chery to Offer Flex-Fuel Powertrains in Brazil" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.